Thursday, March 12, 2009

A little bit of randomness...

Not to much has happened in the Tappana household the last month or so, but I thought I would just post a couple things that are slightly random. We welcomed a new member to our family last week on Friday. Tim's little brother Brig and his wife Kari had their first baby, and she is adorable! We are so happy for them!



Lydia Rebecca Tappana was born Friday, March 6th at 6:49 pm. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long! It is so fun to have a brand new baby in the family!


This was my present from Tim for my birthday in February. I love it! The bike is pink with purple fenders. I'm really looking forward to warm weather so that I can take it out for a spin!


A few weeks ago, a couple of my really good friends from school took me and another friend from school out to dinner for our birthdays! We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory, and it was so yummy! Afterwards, we went to my house for some craft time fun! This is a picture of the finished product. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I just love being crafty!


I have been so lucky to have met such incredible people since starting school in the fall. This is a picture of my friends Laurie, Holli, and Jill. They get me through the weeks, and we have all become the best of friends. Knowing that they are in the program with me makes it so much easier to go to school.


As a class of Dental Hygiene students, we had to attend the UDA convention downtown at the Salt Palace a couple weeks ago. During a break between classes, we went to the Olive Garden for some delicousness! Holli, Ashley, Jill, Dyanna and I had a ton of fun. Tim had school up at the University of Utah earlier that morning, so he joined us as well. Ashley and Dyanna are two more friends that I have made at school. I seriously go to school with the most incredible people! I love it!



Of coarse I have to include our cute little dog! The top picture was taken in our closet. Poodie has this bed that she absolutely loves. We have to put it away during the day or else she spends the whole time laying around and being lazy. We stick it in the closet and bring it out at night when its time for bed. Anyway...the other night Tim and I couldn't find Poodie. We looked and looked, and then soon discovered that she had bumped the closet door open with her nose and jumped in her bed. She really loves her bed! You can't tell so much in the picture, but she was laying practically on top of her head because of the angle of the bed. Silly dog!

This is usually how we find Poodie laying in her bed. I swear we have the laziest snobbiest dog in the world! But we still love her, even though she has an attitude :).

5 comments:

Mark and Kimmi said...

ITS ABOUT TIME YOU UPDATED YOUR BLOG!! we here in Idaho don't get to be apart of your new clicks so we have to trust in the fact that we'll get the DL from here! Poodie is the snobbiest dog ever! soon she will demand that you hand feed her. that’s probably why she decided to have her kidneys fail. That way you would be forced to spend one on one time with her and administer her IV daily. You have to hand it to her she’s is an evil genius!!! And you are playing right into her trap. It’s only a matter of time before you make her the beneficiary on your will. DON’T LET HER WIN!!

jake.shalise said...

I hope that even though you have new friends you don't forget me ;) I'm glad things are going well... first off holy cow I swear we were just working together and you told me about them being prego.. second that's one rad pink bike maybe I can get Jake to buy me one and we can ride them to 7 Eleven and get Slurpee's... and third Poodie is so dang cute ha ha ha I seriously had an lol moment right there... Thank You for that! I love you! Hope everything is going swell for you!

Carrie said...

Fun stuff. You really are such an amazing artsy girl. I worry about how my house will look when we actually move somewhere permanent. Tell Tim's brother congrats.
It is great to have friends at school in your program. People to commiserate with and to study with if needed. Love ya.

Allyson said...

yeah i agree with kimmi! poodie is a toatall snot!!!! I have never met a dog who demands more than she does. Seriously...you could tell her you are going to run her over with a steam roller and she won't move...she will just sit there and make you go around her. WHAT A SNOT!!!
thanks for updating..but um...shouldnt hailey, brynn, and carts be the first on your blog!! HOW RUDE!!! just wait tell i show them
just kidding. Love ya sis

WRYUN said...

Wahoo, a new update!! Cute baby, cute craft, cute girlies and super cute bike!!! I can't wait for warm weather, we're getting a baby seat attached to mine for Spencer!! It's good to see you guys on here, we miss you!