My sister and I decided to take some time for goofy pictures of the two of us while we waited for Adam and Carrie to come out of the temple. The temple grounds of the Las Vegas temple are beautiful. I especially loved the palm trees. It was so hot though! I have no idea how those Vegas people survive out there! By the time Adam and Carrie came out, I had already started to melt. Yuck!
This is cute little Noah. He's almost three. He was such a stinker and wouldn't let anyone take his picture, so I was super lucky to be able to take this one. When Adam and Carrie got engaged, Noah told Carrie that the three of them were getting married. So, when they came out of the temple, they gave Noah a "wedding" ring to wear too. It's a CTR ring. He was very proud of it. That's what he's showing me in the picture. I'm sure if it were up to him though, he would have been wearing his Batman pajamas with a cape as well. Silly boy :).
This is my Mom and Dad. I am seriously so blessed to have such wonderful parents. Tim and I live with them right now, and I love them both very much. My Dad totally cracks me up. I had to take this picture about five times before he finally gave me a good smile. He always would pull a goofy face right as I was taking the picture. He had to be dying of the heat under that suit! Seriously, it was so flipping hot! I was happy to come back to Utah weather!
This is Uncle Tim and Carter. Carter absolutely loves Tim! It is super unfortunate that my sister is selfish and keeps my nieces and my nephew far far away from us. It should seriously be illegal! They need Aunt Ashley and Uncle Tim in order to grow up to be functioning members of society. If only she knew the harm that she was causing them by keeping them from us! Totally rude!
After the wedding, Tim and I had to head back to my sisters house only to just turn around and head out the door to the airport. We had to fly back home to make it in time for family pictures with Tim's family. His older brothers and their families were all here for my brother-in-law's wedding. We hadn't seen most of them in almost four years! So, having us all here was the perfect time to get family pictures. Tim's second to youngest brother Sammy (he really goes by Sam, but for as long as Tim and I have been together, he's always been Sammy..and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who calls him that) got married on Saturday. He and Caitlin started dating shortly after Tim and I did in high school. It's been fun to watch them grow, fall in love together, and finally become husband and wife. Saturday morning at 9:40, Sammy and Caitlin were married in the Salt Lake Temple for time and all eternity. I am so grateful Tim and I were able to be there. When I first met Sammy, he was in the eighth grade. Now, he's married. It was such an incredible experience. I've watched Sammy grow up. He's my little brother, and I love him.
This is my most favorite picture of the two of them that I took. They both just look so happy. She looked so beautiful! Her dress was absolutely gorgeous!
Tim was one of the groomsmen, and I was a bridesmaid. We were assigned to stand in the line...which I must say...is not my idea of fun. Nobody comes through the line to see the bridesmaids. To make things a little bit more fun, I introduced myself to people as Sammy's ex-girlfriend. It was awesome!
At the end of it all, we were tired, and my feet hurt something awful! But, it really was a wonderful weekend. Being surrounded by family and good friends is my idea of having fun. To top everything off, Sunday evening, after everything, Tim's youngest brother Jake had his seminary graduation. It's been a long time coming, and I'm so proud of him for making the choice to go to early morning seminary because his class schedule at school wouldn't permit him to take it during the day. Hopefully, however, he doesn't get married for at least five years! He's the only single one left, and I don't know about Tim, but I've had enough family weddings to last me awhile :). Sorry for the long post...but we had a lot going on, and many things to blog about. If you made it to the very end, pat yourself on the back! That's quite the accomplishment!








7 comments:
it was only 92!!!! thats kinda nice for us!!!! and i'm not selfish. those pictures of us are fun! we are suck geeks!
Wow, what a weekend! I'm so happy for Adam, she looks gorgeous and seems like such a great girl. And yay for Sammy too. You guys do like like major dorks in the pix but that's what sisters are for! And yes, Allison is super selfish for keeping your nieces and nephew away from you, I can say that now that my sister is moving back here after 5 years!
What a super fun weekend! I love it when family gets married! And you sure looked beautiful yourself in that blue dress! It is fun to read your posts because I see all of your bubbly personality coming out in them! Thanks for sharing!!!
ASH BASH! So first off.. your hair is getting super long second you look adorable in all of the photo's your in and third that's way EXCITING your brother got married and forth I FINALLY found a reason why you HAVE to hangout with me.. Next month is when our friendship was established.. let's celebrate ;) ha ha ha
hey why do your pics of adams wedding look fuzzy????
I just found your blog from Jill's. It was fun to get a peek at your life.
Liz
Looks like you guys had a busy but fun weekend. I love the pictures. You two are so cute together. We need to play again and soon.
Post a Comment