Thursday, September 17, 2009

Are you afraid of needles?

So...I gave my very first anesthetic injection today. The worst part? Actually sticking the needle into one of my friends mouths and hoping with every ounce of my being that she wouldn't be permanently disfigured because I had done it wrong. That's a sure way to ruin a perfectly good friendship! Despite the uncontrollable shaking of my hand, pounding heart, racing pulse, and balls of sweat dripping from my face because of the anxiety, I'd say I did a pretty darn good job! Any volunteers for my next injection? :)

6 comments:

Darrell said...

does the dental work come with the shot?

Stacy said...

What a brave friend... I don't know that I would have let myself be anyone's first. Yikes!

Allyson said...

I think I'll pass!

jake.shalise said...

WAHOOOO! Good job! I don't think I could do that since I hate needles ha ha! You are brave!! :)

Carrie said...

Good job! I would be so scared too. As for me being your next, I've had enough dental work done this year. I think I'll try to pass on that for quite some time.

WRYUN said...

Ugh, just thinking about that gives me the willies. I can handle a shot like the rest of 'em, but I'm not about to start giving them....