Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Please...just lie to me



Honestly, I have to say that my pregnancy has been really easy so far. I haven't been sick a day and I don't feel miserable in the slightest. In fact...up until about a couple weeks ago, I had to keep reminding myself that I was pregnant. Now our sweet baby girl kicks all day long so it's kind of hard to forget :). I've finally entered the 3rd trimester zone...and I'm just a couple days away from the six month mark. I haven't really looked pregnant until the last couple weeks...I've just looked terribly fat :). So...the other day when someone asked me when I was due, I smiled to myself...happy with the fact that I looked pregnant to someone and not just like I had eaten one to many twinkies.

However...tonight at young womens, one of the women in our stake (who I really don't know very well) asked me when I was due. I smiled and let her know that my baby girl would be here in May. In response...her mouth dropped open (quite literally) and she said "You're HUGE!". So, I politely punched her in the face, told her she was fat, and walked away. Okay, okay...I didn't really punch her in the face, and I didn't tell her she was fat, but I wanted to!
So...I just wanted to let everyone know, who isn't aware of the proper etiquette to use when dealing with a pregnant woman...LIE to her! Even if you think she is the size of a whale! Tell her how beautiful she is and how fantastic she looks! When you get home, let everyone else know how fat you think she is...but never, ever, ever tell a pregnant woman you think she is HUGE! For crying out loud, I have a BABY growing inside of me!

So, please, if you see me at the store, or at church, or at school...or anywhere you might happen to run into me...lie to me. Because, honestly, I can't handle the truth. :)

12 comments:

Mark and Kimmi said...

Ha ha ha! I love it ash! I think you look gorgeous! And I am not lying! -- kimmi

Carrie said...

that's funny! Don't worry, I'm sure you look amazing! There was a lady in our ward in Maryland who was Pregnant and she got huge quick. She was only four months along and looked like she would deliver any day. She was a tiny little girl and her baby just grew OUT. Have fun looking pregnant. I think that was my favorite part. Then again, babies are not so numerous outside of Utah that you get a lot more attention ;)

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful Ash, no lie! This last trimester is the best don't let a little comment put ya down. And yes you should have punched her in the face!! HAHAHA!

Paul and Tammy said...

Oh Ash!!! When we saw you the other day I thought you looked great and I'm not lying either.

Jill said...

Wow! It's surprising that a woman would say that to you! She should know how hard it is being hormonal, and then feeling like you're huge even when you're not! I'm sure you look great, and it's so rewarding gaining weight when you can! Good Luck with this last trimester, it's going to fly!

jake.shalise said...

I CANNOT believe a young girl would even say that to you. Sham on her for even saying that. But first off...I'm sooooo sure you look more than BEAUTIFUL your Ashley how could you not? And second.. yes I would've punched her right smack middle of the face. ha ha ha

The Larchars said...

Oh Ashley, I am so sorry! People told me that CONSTANTLY... my family, our clients at work, friends... it was awful. Everyone thought I was due when I had three months to go too! So I feel for you big time, and all I can say is, it's a wonderful opportunity to learn to forgive people who are still learning what tact is. And I think that's hilarious if you actually have the guts to tell someone else seriously "you look huge too". I really wish I could see you say that on camera, because I would probably just die laughing. Always wanted to, but I was never that brave. :-)

Seriously, the things we do to our bodies for our children... it's a good thing we love them so much afterwards despite everything!!! Good luck with all those crazy people out there!

Carrie & Adam Brigman said...

What is wrong with people! I haven't seen you in a while but as usual I am sure you look radiant! Love you!-Carrie

Allyson said...

I told you last time you had a beautiful glow!! i really meant it. oh and don't worry! ive been asked if i was prego recently! So don't take it personally there are just A LOT of MORONS out there!
love you and arent' you glad i commented!

Jessica said...

People can be so mean sometimes. I had a man ask me how far along I was and when I told him I was only 6 months pregnant he said oh man you look huge and your shirt is barely hanging on! MEN!!!

Stephanie G. said...

I know just what you mean. I've had people at work saying, I wasn't sure if you were pregnant so I didn't say anything and I'm thinking what, you really thought, I could gain this much weight in such a short amount of time? Not to mention all the belly rubbing, I don't mind it from friends & family, but strangers? Sheesh! We'll have to get together soon and share more of these stories!

The Berg's said...

I think you should have punched her in the face. She would have remembered what she should say next time.