Monday, January 16, 2012

Delicious Enough Your Whole Face Will Love It!

For as long as I can remember, my mom has made the most delicious stew in the entire world. Whenever I would see her pull out her big red oven pot, my brain would communicate with my stomach about the wonderful deliciousness it would be consuming later that day and I would receive growling messages from my tummy for hours until we had finally partaken of the splendidness.

A few weeks ago...I made that stew.

It was epic.

And because I'm such an awesome person, I'm going to share that amazing recipe with you.

It will change your life.

It's that good :)

Park City Oven Stew

2 1/2 lb. beef cubes (I usually buy a rump roast and then cut it up into bite size pieces)
4 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
2 large carrots, peeled and cut up into small pieces
2 stalks celery, cut up into small pieces
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
2 bay leaves
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can beefy mushroom soup

Layer 1/2 beef cubes, vegetables, and bay leaf and repeat with other half. Sprinkle with dry onion soup. Mix soups and tomato sauce and pour over top. Cook at 300 degrees for 3 hours.

side note: when I make this, I like to double it because the leftovers are so yummy. However...when I do double it, I don't double the meat. The veggies are my most favorite part anyway :)

I serve this with my homemade cornbread. That recipe is found in the post just below this one.




As you can see...Emmy quite liked dinner that night too. She was rather enthusiastic while eating it.

Enjoy!

You can thank me later :)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ha! Love the pix...and thanks for the recipe, I actually had stew on my menu for the week, and was looking for a good recipe!

John & Britta said...

Yum I love stew! Thanks for the recipe!

Caitlin said...

If its good enough for Emmy to eat, well heck! It's good enough for me. I think I'll give it a try. I've never been much of a stew fan, but this one looks good!

Also, love the two blogs in one week thing!

A.J. and Steph said...

A.J. often looks like that after his meals as well.