Okay...so I guess the diva part is stretching it a bit.
But, as far as the domestic part...I totally rocked it yesterday.
I love the feeling of being able to take care of my family.
Whether it's playing with my kids, cleaning the house, making dinner, or crafting something amazing, I love knowing that my family is benefiting from the time and effort I'm putting into it.
It makes me extremely happy.
Especially when I see how happy it makes my husband, and my kids.
One thing that I don't put any effort into however, is the yard.
I loathe yard work.
Honestly, I don't mind bugs. I don't mind dirt. I'd even make friends with a snake
that crawled into my path if that ever happened.
There's just something about the eight legged creatures that all manage to come out of their hiding places and attack every single time I attempt to pull weeds or plant flowers.
It's terrifying.
It gives me nightmares.
I cry at the thought.
Anyway...we don't have any problems because Tim loves yard work.
He starts planning the garden in January, gets it planted mid May...and then slaves away making sure everything is growing. He's like a little kid on Christmas morning when our first tomato becomes ripe, or we get our first few strawberries of the season.
It's really quite adorable :)
So...as for what I did yesterday...I can't take full credit because Tim grew the tomatoes.
And he picked them.
But...I took these:
And turned them into this...
My mom taught me how to can a few years ago.
It's surprisingly easy...just a bit time consuming
and a lot messy.
I love it!
Not the mess part.
But the after part when I look at my jars and know that I did that.
It's a very rewarding feeling.
I'm also looking forward to fall when we practically live on homemade soups, stews, and delicious comfort foods that will help these stewed tomatoes come in quite handy.
It's making my tummy grumble just thinking about it :)
And just in case you were wondering...I have other talents too
I make really cute kids.
Here's one of them.
When he's not screaming...he's actually very cute!
I can't figure out what color his eyes are gonna be yet...
But he's definitely gonna be handsome!
Just like his Daddy :)








7 comments:
You are quite domestic! I wish I could can/I wish I had stuff to can with/I wish I had the energy do do it. Good for you. Next year, maybe we'll have a garden...if we get our butt into gear that is.
And Jack looks so much like Emmy in that picture I think. And like Tim too.
What kind of equipment did you use to can these things? I would love to can but I don't think I have all the materials that I need. We'll have to talk!
Anyways, that's awesome that you're able to do that from your garden. I'll have to work on pulling that domestic diva out of myself more.
Please can some stuff for me next time! I will even come to help :)
Some day I'll know how to can... and have a garden of things to can. Someday I'll be domestic like you! Although I am with you on making cute kids! No matter the color now, his eyes are still gorgeous! Love ya
Look at you go!! Those tomatoes look SSSOOO good! I need to learn how to can...sigh someday. Not sure how you do it with two kiddos. He's a handsome fella btw :)
89Yumm, yumm! I've only ever tried canning once and thank goodness my mom was there to help- rather I was helping her or honestly watching mostly-lol. But you are so great to show off your fine canning skills and baby making skills- Go Ashley!!
Awesome!! Way to go! One day I'll learn to can...
Post a Comment