Friday, August 17, 2012

Getting My Craft On

I am quite possibly the most picky person on the face of the planet.  

Ask anyone.

I realize that this isn't the finest quality to have.  But alas, it's me.  So deal with it.

I'm picky about everything.  From the food that goes into my mouth, to the shoes that I wear on my feet.  You name it...I'm sure that I'm somehow picky about it too.

My husband has dealt with this for years and years and years.
Poor man.  I don't know why he puts up with me.
He deserves a gold medal every single day of his life.  
I just love him.

Anyway, that being said...I've been wanting to get pillows for my couches for about two years now.
Yes.  Two years.
Ridiculous right?

Remember reading above about how picky I am?
Yeah.  It's a BIG problem.

Luckily for me...I had a few things that helped me out with my crazy.

#1
A sewing machine that at one time (but still most of the time) was my enemy


 #2
A great friend that was incredibly patient (but I'm sure wanted to punch me in the neck a few times) and also incredibly talented.  Thanks Heidi!


#3
Some really cute fabric


When you take those three things, combine them with hours spent unpicking, and resewing, divide that by the moments spent yelling at my sewing machine, and times that by the many things I almost chucked across the room...

You get:




Some pretty fabulous pillows if I do say so myself.  
I'm quite pleased with my craftiness.
Just don't look too closely at the seams...or the stiches...in fact...if you come to my house and you see them on my couches...don't touch them.  Stare at a distance.  You'll be more impressed :)

And honestly...they really weren't all too bad.  I just said they were for dramatic effect of the blog.
Although...I'm still not on speaking terms with my sewing machine.

Hopefully, someday...we can be friends.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Those pillows look so cute!! They are fabulous.

Maybe someday, I'll be as awesome as you and learn to sew.

Paul and Tammy said...

Those are SO DARN CUTE!!! I hope you're still planning on helping me decorate my entire house. Probably won't be for awhile. We'll have to recruit Heidi (I've always liked her style) Don't worry, she may have wanted to punch you but once she works with me she'll most likely want to kill me not because I'm picky but because I just don't get it

Tim and Heidi said...

They look great my friend! You were such a quick learner! I would never punch you in the neck, not even once :) Before you know it you're going to be making all Emmy's clothes :)

Carrie said...

Those look SO cute! I have the same relationship with my sewing machine! It's not fun. I even brought some sewing to Utah so I could use my mom's awesome sewing machine rather than fight with mine.