I found this idea on Pinterest a few months ago, and thought that at some point in the future, I would do it.
Well...I figured that today would be a great day to start.
Over the next couple of months, I'm just going to do a little post on myself. Answering the questions asked, and getting a little bit of my own personal history written down. It's okay if you don't find me interesting. I agree with you. I'm rather boring. But that's okay :). Maybe some future person will find my life rather intriguing. Either way, I'm doing it.
So deal :)
{My Birth and Family}
My name of course is Ashley. At the time, my Mom and Dad had never heard the name before, and when my mom stumbled across it while looking at the obituaries and found some random dead person that she didn't even know with the name Ashley, she fell in love with it. As far as nicknames, I had the usual ones: Ash, Ashes...but one that my Dad came up with is quite creative. In fact...I can quite confidently say that no other Ashley that has ever been has had this particular nickname. It use to drive me nuts when I was a kid. But it makes me smile now. Ashapeadabea. Did you get that? Let me break it up for you...Ash-ah-pee-ah-duh-bee-ah. Yep. It was a winner :)
My Mom's name is Sandra. My Dad is Kendall. My Mom was born and raised in California. My Dad was born and raised in Utah.
I was born in February of 1983. If you're doing your math right now...I'm sure you've figured out that I turn the dreaded 30 next month. Let's not focus on that right now. I was born in Salt Lake City, at the University of Utah Hospital. My Mom finally went into labor with me three weeks after my due date. After 36 hours of me not making an appearance, the doctors told my Mom that I was just too comfortable. Their solution was to bring me into this world by cesarean. So...they did. Funny thing...I guess there was something funky with the shape of my head, so for the first few hours of my existence, the doctors used me as an "example baby" to show other residents what to look for in other cases like mine.
I have a brother and a sister. My brother's name is Adam. My sister is Allyson. We're all A's in this family. My brother is almost 7 years older than me. My sister is almost 4 years older. Our family is awesome because my brother and sister are both adopted. My mom wasn't supposed to be able to have children. So, after years and years of trying to conceive on their own, my Mom and Dad were blessed with my brother, and a few years later, my sister. I have no doubt that they're meant to be my brother and sister. Heavenly Father just had to get them to my parents a different way. I never thought about it growing up, and I still rarely do. We're an eternal family. That's all that really matters.
Growing up, I was really close to my brother. Until he hit Jr. High and I hit the "annoying little sister" stage. My sister and I fought. A lot. When my brother got home from his mission, he decided that I wasn't all so bad anymore. My sister and I started getting along after she moved away to college. We still fought occasionally...when she stole my clothes and took them with her to school and I didn't get them back for weeks. Today, I'm happy to say that I have a great relationship with both my brother and my sister. But then again...they live in Las Vegas. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... :)
As far as my relationship with my parents...I've always been a Daddy's girl. My Dad and I have always had a super special relationship. My Mom and I went through rough patches during my teenage years, but now, I can honestly say that my Mom is one of my best friends. I feel extremely blessed to have been given to my parents. They've made me who I am today.
Well...there you have it. Just a little bit about me. Maybe you knew it, maybe you didn't...but either way, I'm glad I've written it down.
Feel free to join me on writing your own personal history. I'd love to read about you too!








5 comments:
I love this idea, I will probably do it with you! I really loved hearing about your family. I knew a lot of it, but I still really liked reading it.
Oh, I like this! I think I'll join you too! Thanks. Love your family, by-the-way!
Oh, I also have to tell you that we like your play list so much that whenever read your blog and leave, Eli says, "I still want to listen to that song, MOM." Love ya.
Hey! I pinned this too and was going to do it. Looks like you beat me to it and I'll just be a big copy cat. Like usual. :)
That was fun getting to know you more. I honestly don't think I ever knew your siblings were adopted. I just might have to try doing this too. Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment